We appreciate all of our customers but over the years we have run into some interesting challenges to work around while were working on homes.
As the day of your home improvement project approaches, it’s important to make sure you are prepared for the contractors to arrive. Here are a few things you can do to ensure that everything goes smoothly:
- Move anything that is not a permanent fixture away from the exterior of your home. This includes any outdoor furniture, grills, plants, and any other items that may be in the way of the contractors.
- Clear your deck of any furniture, grills, plants, or other items. This will give the contractors plenty of space to work and will help to prevent any accidents.
- Remove all hanging plants from your home. This includes any plants that may be hanging from the ceiling, as well as any plants that are hanging from the walls. This will help to keep the plants safe and will also prevent any accidents.
- Clear the driveway of any vehicles. This will allow for material delivery and will give the contractors enough space to park their trailers and other equipment.
By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your home improvement project goes smoothly and that you are ready for the contractors to arrive.
Sometimes Stuff Is In The Way
There are several reasons why it is important to move your items out of the way when a contractor is coming to work on your house:
- Safety: By moving your items out of the way, you can help to prevent accidents and injuries. For example, if a contractor is working on your roof and there is furniture or other debris in the way, it could potentially cause them to trip and fall.
- Efficiency: When the contractors have a clear space to work, they can get their job done more quickly and efficiently. This means that the project will be completed in a shorter amount of time, which is beneficial for both you and the contractors.
- Convenience: Moving your items out of the way will make it easier for the contractors to access the areas of your home that they need to work on. This will save them time and effort, which can help to keep the project on schedule.
Overall, it is important to move your items out of the way when a contractor is coming to work on your house in order to ensure the safety of everyone involved, to maximize efficiency and convenience, and to help keep the project on schedule.
Whose Job Is It, Anyway?
As a general rule, it is not the responsibility of the general contractor to move the homeowner’s items away from the work area. The homeowner is typically responsible for preparing the space for the contractors, which may include moving their own items out of the way.
There are a few reasons why this is the case:
- Liability: If the general contractor were to move the homeowner’s items and something were to happen to those items, the homeowner could potentially hold the contractor responsible. By having the homeowner move their own items, it helps to mitigate this risk.
- Time: Moving the homeowner’s items can be time-consuming and may not be a part of the scope of work for the project. By having the homeowner take care of this, the contractors can focus on the tasks that are necessary for the project.
- Responsibility: Ultimately, the homeowner is responsible for the items in their home and it is their responsibility to make sure that they are safe and out of the way during the construction process.
There may be some exceptions to this rule. For example, if the homeowner is unable to move their items due to a physical limitation, the general contractor may be willing to help. Additionally, if the homeowner has agreed to pay extra for this service, the general contractor may be willing to accommodate this request.
In general, however, it is the responsibility of the homeowner to move their items out of the way before the contractors arrive. This will help to ensure that the project goes smoothly and that everyone is able to focus on the tasks at hand. It is always a good idea to discuss this with the general contractor beforehand so that there are no misunderstandings.
Image Contracting is a local, family owned business that is trusted in the industry and known for providing unsurpassed levels of quality, value and satisfaction on every job we work on. We are a General Contractor and Construction company that takes pleasure in providing the highest quality service. Please think of Image Contracting to help build your dream projects.